Bejeweled Blitz LIVE
- "Created by matching 6+ gems in a row, this powerful gem explodes with the force of a million suns when matched."
- — Bejeweled Twist, mouseover description
Supernova Gem is a type of Special Gem that appears in the Bejeweled series that was first appeared in Bejeweled Twist. It is a basic type of gem surrounded by blistering white-hot energy as a combined appearance of a Flame Gem and either a Lightning Gem (in Bejeweled Twist and Bejeweled Blitz LIVE) or Star Gem (in Bejeweled 3). The 3's version of the Supernova Gem has a noticeable blue tint to its flame due of the star.
It is created when six or more gems are matched in a row, which is possible through cascades (Matches that create additional matches) and is also possible created by player matches in Bejeweled 3 with certain techniques (which was proven by various YouTube users). When detonated, it explodes in a 3x3 radius as well as its rows and columns. However, if it is detonated at the edges or corners of the board, it will only shoot out two rows of lightning in one or both directions.
While creating this Special Gem is mostly luck-based, it is possible to create this Special Gem at the player's will with the "matchless move" mechanic on Bejeweled Twist and Bejeweled Blitz LIVE at a risk of reducing the Chain Meter and/or the Score Multiplier (when available) and consuming time especially on either of the Blitz modes.
- A supernova is the explosion of a very large star, in which that the star may reach a maximum intrinsic luminosity one billion times that of the Sun.
- In Bejeweled Twist; if the player matches this gem on Arsenal, it counts as both creating a Flame Gem and a Lightning Gem. It also counts as a Flame or Lightning Gem in Firestorm and Voltage, respectively. It also appears in Enigma's eclipse, challenging the player to detonate as many of these as possible in 3 minutes.
- The Bejeweled Twist and Bejeweled Blitz LIVE variant of the Supernova Gem has bright, orange concentric solid circles that expand outwards from the gem itself.
- In Bejeweled Stars, a six-gem match instead creates a Darksphere. The Supernova Gem is no longer included. Its effect (explode in a 3x3 radius as well its rows and columns) can be recreated by swapping two star gems together.
- It doesn't appear on the online version. Instead of Supernova, it creates a Lightning Gem instead.
Names in other languages
|Spanish||Joya supernova||Supernova Jewel|
|French||Gemme supernova||Supernova Gem|
|Italian||Gemma Supernova (Bejeweled Twist)|
Supernova (Bejeweled 3)
|Portuguese||Pedra supernova (Bejeweled Twist)|
Supernova (Bejeweled 3)
|This article is a stub. You can help Bejeweled Wiki by expanding it as much as possible.|