Bejeweled LIVE (+)
- "Created by making two intersecting matches. Match it to fire lightning 4 ways!"
- — Bejeweled Blitz PC version, mouseover description
Star Gem is a type of Special Gem that appears in the Bejeweled series that was first appeared in the 2010 update of Bejeweled Blitz. It is the successor of the Lightning Gem from Bejeweled Twist with a redesigned star-like appearance and a different method of creating it, for consistency with the Hypercube that also appeared in the games that it appeared on.
It is created by making 2 intersecting matches (in a "T", "L", or "+" shape). When detonated, it destroys all gems and detonates Special Gems along with its horizontal and vertical axes.
In Bejeweled Stars, this Special Gem can be swapped with other Special Gems in order to produce the following effects:
- Star Gem: Destroys all gems in 3x3 area along with its rows and columns, similar to the Supernova Gem.
- Flame Gem: Detonates themselves in the same swap end location.
- Hypercube: Detonates the swapped Star Gem as well as turning all normal gems into Star Gems and detonating any special gem of the same color.
- Dark Hypercube: Detonates the swapped Star Gems as well as turning all normal gems into Hypercubes and detonating any special gem of the same color.
- The color of a Star Gem's lightning when matched is the same as its gem color.
- The blurb that states that it sends lightning in four different ways is not necessarily true. The player can make a Star Gem in the top right corner and if it is triggered while in the same place, it will send lightning in two ways. If a Star Gem is triggered at the bottom row, will make it send lightning in three ways.
- The Lightning Gem also shares this trait.
- It is part of the appearance of a Supernova Gem on the games it appeared on aside from Bejeweled Stars (with a Flame Gem as the other).
Names in other languages
|French||Gemme étoile||Star Gem|
|Italian||Gemma stella||Star Gem|
|Portuguese||Pedra estelar||Stellar Stone|
|Spanish||Joya estelar||Stellar Jewel|
|This article is a stub. You can help Bejeweled Wiki by expanding it as much as possible.|