The puzzles of Preserver involve keeping specific numbers of different gem types on the game board at the same time. The challenge's Eclipse puzzle features a different goal, which involves clearing as many gems except a particular type as possible within a given time limit.
Completing the first puzzle of Preserver unlocks Firestorm, the next challenge in Challenge mode.
|Preserver 1||Get 15 green gems onscreen at the same time|
|Preserver 2||Get 20 red gems onscreen at the same time|
|Preserver 3||Get 25 blue gems onscreen at the same time|
|Preserver 4||Get 15 white and 15 red gems onscreen|
|Preserver 5||Get 30 yellow gems onscreen|
|Preserver 6||Get 20 red and 20 blue gems onscreen|
|Preserver 7||Get 15 green, 15 red and 15 blue gems onscreen|
|Preserver Eclipse||Clear as many non-green gems as you can in 3 minutes|
- According to early screenshots of Bejeweled Twist, Preserver was originally the fourth challenge.
- Orange and violet are the only gem types that are not required to be kept in any of Preserver's puzzles.
- The Bejeweled Twist README file contains two mistakes about Preserver's puzzles:
- The description of the challenge's Eclipse puzzle mentions that the type of gem that must not be cleared is violet, which is the wrong gem type.
- The type of gem that is required to be kept in the challenge's third puzzle is not mentioned; the description simply reads, "Keep 25 gems onscreen at the same time." This mistake, however, does not exist in the Italian and Japanese versions of the README file.
- In the Spanish version of the README file, the description of the challenge's third puzzle instead mentions that red gems are required to be kept, which is the wrong type of gem.
Names in other languages