Bejeweled Blitz (LIVE)
Bejeweled LIVE (+)
- "Created by forming 4 gems of the same color in a line. Explodes when matched!"
- — Bejeweled Twist, mouseover description
Flame Gem is a type of Special Gem that appears in the Bejeweled series that was first appeared in Bejeweled Twist. It is the successor of the Power Gem from Bejeweled 2 with a redesigned flame appearance and detonation animation.
It is usually created when the player matches 4 gems of the same color. In Bejeweled 2 and Twist, it can also be created by matching 5 or 6 gems in an "L", "T", or "+" shape on Bejeweled Twist or matching 4 gems in a square on Bejeweled Stars. When detonated, it clears gems in flames in a 3x3 area around it as well as triggering any special gems in that area, with any Hypercube and Dark Hypercube detonating based on the color of the Flame Gem, on the same area.
In Bejeweled Stars, this Special Gem can be swapped with other Special Gems in order to produce the following effects:
- Flame Gem: Detonates in a 4x3 area with an additional 6 tiles at the end of the area's middle column and two rows.
- Star Gem: Detonates themselves in the same swap end location.
- Hypercube: Detonates the swapped Flame Gem as well as turning all normal gems into Flame Gems and detonating any special gem of the same color.
- Dark Hypercube: Detonates the swapped Flame Gem as well as turning all normal gems into Hypercubes and detonating any special gem of the same color.
- When looked closely, the player can see sparks coming off the gem.
- A yellow Flame Gem's fire is slightly a more tone of orange than the other colors.
- It appears that the flame animation is on a different layer than the gem itself, as when a Flame Gem is spinning, the fire stays in place. This is especially evident with red Flame Gems.
- Also in PC and Mac versions of Bejeweled Blitz and Bejeweled 3, if the player looks very closely when the spacebar is pressed (which pauses the game), the flames completely disappear just before the gems themselves disappear in order to pause the game. This also occurs when the 'Menu' button is accessed.
- In some versions of Bejeweled 3, adjacent gems will flash with the bright light given off of the Flame Gem.
- The square Flame Gem match makes Bejeweled Stars the only Bejeweled title that actively ignores three gems in a row, and for a match to be made with less than three gems in a row.
- In Bejeweled Classic, Flame Gems have slightly different sounds.
Names in other languages
|French||Gemme en feu||Blazing Gem|
|Italian||Gemma di Fuoco (Bejeweled Twist)|
Gemma di fuoco (Bejeweled 3)
|Japanese||炎のジェム (Bejeweled Twist)|
Honoo no Jemu
ファイヤージェム (Bejeweled 3)
|Spanish||Joya en llamas||Flaming Gem|