- "How many points can you get in 5 minutes?"
- — Bejeweled Twist, play menu description
Blitz is a game mode in Bejeweled Twist. In the PC and Nintendo DS versions, it becomes available by completing level 10 in Classic. In the mobile version, it becomes available by earning the rank of Rotator (the third rank in the game).
Blitz is a timed version of Classic. The goal of Blitz is to earn as many points as possible within five minutes. Unlike Classic, level progression does not occur in Blitz; each game takes place on one board. Bomb Gems and Coals appear throughout every game of Blitz. Doom Gems do not appear in this Mode.
The reward for completing Blitz games is Skill Stars. The number of these given is determined by performance; the greater the scores achieved, the bigger the number of Stars rewarded.
Unlike the other game modes of Bejeweled Twist, it is not possible to save progress in Blitz. However, this does not apply to the mobile version.
Similar to the puzzles in Challenge, it is possible to restart Blitz games. This is done, while during a game, by clicking the Menu button on the Levelup Tube and then selecting "Restart Game" (a prompt asking to confirm or cancel this action will appear).
Upon completing a game of Blitz, a Stats Screen appears with various information about the finished game.
Blitz incorporates the same basic scoring mechanics as those in Classic. However, the base point values rewarded in Blitz are multiplied by two point five. For example, the base value for creating a match of three gems is 50 points in Classic but 125 points in Blitz.
- Pausing the game in Blitz causes the gems to vanish, but they reappear upon resuming the game. This most likely happens to prevent "cheating". The mobile version doesn't have this function.
- Blitz has a unique visualizer pattern that is not featured in the other game modes of Bejeweled Twist. This particular visualizer only exists in the PC version.
- If the Visualizers option is disabled, a random planetary background is displayed instead.
- The Bejeweled Twist README file contains two mistakes about this game mode:
- It mentions that Blitz can also be unlocked by completing the tenth level in Zen, but this is false.
- It mentions that Locked Gems appear in Blitz, but they do not at all.
- According to evidence found inside the game files of Bejeweled Twist, the game was going to feature Action instead of Blitz.
Names in other languages
|French||Chrono||A combining form meaning "time", used in the formation of compound words.|