In the Balance mini-quests, there are two weights positioned in the center next to both horizontal sides of the game board, a red weight on the left side and a blue weight on the right side. The goal of each mini-quest is to clear a specific, equal number of red gems and blue gems. Removing these gem types fills their respective colored weight; red gems add to the red weight, while blue gems add to the blue weight. Both weights track the number of red gems and blue gems cleared from the board. As the weights are filled, they descend. Neither the red weight nor the blue weight must reach the bottom of the board. The difference of the weights' counters affects the rate in which the weights drop; the greater the difference, the faster the weight with the larger number goes down. When both counters display the same number, the weights remain stationary regardless of where they are in relation to the bottom.
|Relic 1||The goal of this mini-quest is to clear 15 red gems and 15 blue gems without letting either weight reach the bottom. During this mini-quest, Hypercubes fall into the game board every now and then.|
|Relic 2||The goal of this mini-quest is to clear 20 red gems and 20 blue gems without letting either weight reach the bottom.|
|Relic 4||The goal of this mini-quest is to clear 30 red gems and 30 blue gems without letting either weight reach the bottom.|
|Relic 5||The goal of this mini-quest is to clear 40 red gems and 40 blue gems without letting either weight reach the bottom.|
- Pausing the game during a Balance mini-quest causes the gems to vanish, but they reappear upon resuming the game. This most likely happens to prevent "cheating."
- As seen in an early screenshot and gameplay trailer of Bejeweled 3, the chains above the game board were originally connected to a wedge and the top edge of the board featured two decorative skulls.
- Visual changes occur when the weights approach the bottom of the game board:
- The red weight becomes encased in fire and flames emit from the vertical edges of the board.
- The blue weight becomes encased in icy mist and snow drifts across in the background.
- Both weights make different groaning sounds as they descend; the red weight emits a low-pitched sound, while the blue weight emits a high-pitched sound.
Names in other languages